Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Conglomeration of Reviews!

YA Book reviews turned at The Great Teen Book Swap by the fabulous Magdalen:

Jennifer Murphy's Toad by Bruce Coville
      -A delightful combination of humor and "soppy stuff," Jennifer Murphy's Toad is a must-read!

Welcome to the BSC, Abby by Ann Martin
      -I loved these books when I was younger, and I recommend them for ages 8-10.

Turning Up the Heat by Diane Muldrow
     --One thing I enjoyed about this book was that although I had not read its predecessor, I had no trouble following the events of this book.

The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
     --I disliked this book mainly because of the violence and how it was presented. The storyline would have been good, but it struck me as unoriginal.

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
     --This book is very good. It combines romance seamlessly with the struggles of daily life, creating a book that would suit many.

Fantasy Stories
     --A charming collection of past and present day fantasy, this would be found on many bookshelves.

Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy by Wendelin Van Draanen
     --A good point of this book was that even though religion was involved, it did not overly intrude in the book.

What Katy Did Next by Susan Coolidge
     --I did not particularly enjoy reading this book. A flaw taht I might point out is that it shifted from topic to topic too much, and if you had not read its predecessors, there would be things you did not understand.

No comments: